For new BIOS versions (v1.05 or above)
- Refers to either a Windows 95 or Windows 98 boot disk. Any other type of boot disk might load memory resident programs which will interfer with the flash process. Make sure you hit the F5 key when the boot disk first starts running to make sure no other programs are loaded in the back ground without your knowledge.
Bios Flash Package
- Unzip the entire bios package to a seperate clean floppy. Insure there are 3 files that are unpacked during the unzip process
Two separate diskettes
are needed. The first diskette is the Windows 95/98 Boot Disk. The second diskette should contain the 3 files needed to flash the bios. These files are provided when you unzip the bios
flash package from the website.
At the A: prompt simply type in "flash" and the rest will be handled by the files included in your download.
For previous BIOS versions (below v1.05)
1. download and unzip files into a floppy boot disk
2. run the batch file and follow through the directions
* Special note: After flashing the BIOS, we recommend following two options:
option 1. shut down the system, clear the CMOS
option 2. press F2, and load the BIOS default setting.
This is to prevent the previous CMOS from causing possible issues.