Trinity KT (S2390) FAQ
What is the recommended cooling fan vendor?
- What AGP cards are recommended by TYAN?Please follow the link below to see the list:
Please follow the link below to see the list:
How do I setup/configure my VIA Chipset board for Win 98, ME or 2000?
I just installed the VIA 4-in-1 Drivers under Windows 95/98/ME, and when the machine reboots, it says that it cannot locate the Viagart.vxd file. What do I do?
- Make sure that your system is in a bare bones configuration. For the most part, you should be able to install your OS with all of your peripherals installed. With that said, use the following procedure if
you are still having problems with the OS install. The outlined procedure will eliminate any problems that may be caused by your peripherals. To begin this, start with the necessary components attached such
as processors, memory(use only one stick for OS installation), video card, keyboard, mouse, hard drive, CD-Rom drive, and floppy disk drive. NO OTHER DEVICES SHOULD BE INSTALLED ONTO THE SYSTEM BOARD
AT THIS TIME!!
- Make sure that you have the latest BIOS for your motherboard. Please check your version against the latest version for your motherboard listed here: http://www.tyan.com/support/html/bios_support.html. If you do not have the latest
version, you will need to flash to it. For information on How to Flash Your BIOS, please visit
- Once you have the latest version of the BIOS on your motherboard, enter CMOS Setup by pressing the "Delete" key when your machine is booting up. Once inside the BIOS, you will need to make the
- Under Power Management Setup, make sure that either "Power Management" or "ACPI Function" is set to "Enabled".
- Under Power Management Setup, make sure that "PM Control By APM" is set to "Disabled" (if available).
- Under PNP/PCI Configuration, make sure that "PNP OS Installed is Set to "Yes".
- Save changes and exit CMOS Setup.
- If installing Windows Millenium or 2000, boot directly off of the Installation CD and proceed with installation.
- If installing Windows 98, boot off of a Windows 98 Start Up Diskette and start up with CD-Rom Support. Once at an A: prompt, switch to your CD-Rom Drive and type in the following command: "setup.exe
/pj". Proceed with installation.
- Immediately after the OS Installation is completed, Install the latest VIA 4-in-1 Drivers (version 4.29 as of March 29th, 2001). These are found at www.viatech.com or www.viahardware.com
- After Installing the VIA drivers, install the latest video card drivers. Note: If running an NVIDIA based video card, you MUST use the NVIDIA Reference Drivers version 6.31 or above as found at www.nvidia.com
- Next, install your other PCI/ISA devices onto the motherboard.
-Suggested PCI slot configuration for Most Common PCI Peripherals-
Sound Card in PCI Slot 5 or 6
Network Interface Card in PCI Slot 3 or 4
SCSI card in PCI slot 3 or 4
Uninstall that version of the VIA 4-in-1 Drivers and install version 4.28 or 4.29 from www.viatech.com