Thunder i7505 (S2665) FAQ Updated 10/24/05
- Is there TYAN System Monitor support for this system board?
Yes! Please go to the following page for more details and software download.
- What kind of Power Supply can I use with the Thunder i7505 (S2665)?
You should be able to use any EPS12V compliant Power Supply with the
Thunder i7505 (S2665).
However, If you plan to use an AGP Pro50 card, TYAN HIGHLY
using of the 6-pin AUX-equipped Power Supplies listed on
this page: click here
- Why will my Adaptec 2200S SCSI Raid card not allow my system to POST when it is installed?Adpatec has released a new firmware flash update to address compatibility issues with the Intel i75xx chipset. The updated firmware can be found at:
- Is there any power supply, chassis, or cooling recommendations?
Yes! Please check here for details and listings.
- Why does the system only show 3.5 GB of memory when I have 4.0 GB of memory installed?Under the current PC memory addressing, there is a memory area just below 4.0 GB which is reserved permanently. The reserved area is for system BIOS to put APIC,
ACPI Table, PCI Devices', Resources and AGP aperture information. When your system DRAM is 3.5 GB or lower, the system will show that the same amount of memory has been implemented. However, if the
system DRAM is above 3.5 GB of memory, the actual amount of memory that the system shows will be less due to the reserved area. Regardless of memory size, the reserved memory addressing is always present,
but only when the DRAM rises above the 3.5 GB amount will that area become visible.
- Why does my memory test program lock up when I use 4.0 GB of memory but runs fine with anything less?The memory test utility accesses the reserved memory address area. When the program accesses this area, it causes the system to be unstable and locks up.