Thunder 2400 (S2257) FAQ Updated 05-30-2000
- Why do I get "Blue Screen Error" message upon installing the on-board LAN and NT 4.0?Do not install the on-board LAN during the install process of NT 4.0. Wait until after you have installed your service packs (if any) before install and configure
the on-board LAN. You may encounter the following error if the LAN is installed with the rest of the installation.
Blue Screen error IRQ not less than or equal to.
- Why does Windows 2000 not see my SCSI drives, even though the SCSI BIOS sees them fine?Make these adjustments to the BIOS:
1) Under PNP/PCI Configuration set PNP aware OS to ''YES''
2) Under Power Management Setup, Power Management Mode should be
set to ACPI.
3) Under Peripheral Setup, MIDI Port Base Address needs to be set to 300h.
4) Must be on a clean install after deleting all partitions from the drive.
- The onboard LSI Symbios 896 SCSI BIOS detects my SCSI devices but Win 2000 does not. What is the solution?
Workaround: go to BIOS and make the following adjustments:
- POWER MANAGEMENT: PM MODE set to ACPI.
- PLUG AND PLAY SETUP: PLUG AND PLAY AWARE O/S set to YES.
- PERIPHERAL SETUP: MIDI PORT BASE ADDRESS set to 300H.
If you already installed Win 2000 without the above settings you MUST do a clean install of Win 2000