FREMONT, CA - August 15th, 2006 - TYAN Computer Corp., the world's leading whitebox server platform provider, today announced a full-line of products powered by Next-Generation AMD Opteron™ processors that offer powerful performance enhancements and energy cost-savings for IT customers worldwide.
TYAN's product line supports Next-Generation AMD Opteron™ 8000, 2000, and 1000 Series processors to deliver stunning increases in performance and energy cost-savings for applications that include high-performance computing (HPC), digital content creation, mission critical infrastructures, and many more areas of the IT industry.
Products from TYAN that support Next-Generation AMD Opteron processors include:
- S3991 - 1U rackmount-optimized 2P server motherboard
- S2912 - Value 1U rackmount-optimized 2P server motherboard
- B2912-GT24 - 1U rackmount server system for performance clustering and general serving
- B2931-GT25 - 1U rackmount server system with redundant power supply
- B3991-GT24 - 1U rackmount server for performance clustering and general serving
- B4985-FT48 - 4U rackmount/tower for storage and datacenter applications with 4/8P support
- B4985-TX46 - 2U rackmount for high-performance clustering and department serving
- B4985-VX50 - 5U rackmount/tower for datacenter applications and workstation usage S3992 - 2P server motherboard with up to (16) DDR2 DIMMs and multiple slots S3950 - 1P server motherboard with support for AMD PowerNow!™, and more S3970 - Rackmount/tower compact server motherboard with 1P and 2P flavors S2925 - 1P entry workstation/desktop board with SLI support, audio, FireWire, and more S2927 - 2P entry workstation/desktop board with SLI support, audio, FireWire, and more S2915 - Monster workstation motherboard with (4) PCIe x16, SAS and much more S4985 - 4/8P server motherboard with up to (32) DDR2 DIMMs and multiple PCIe slots B3970-GT20 - 1U rackmount server system for compact general serving applications B3992-GT24 - 1U rackmount server with (16) DIMMs for high-performance clustering B3992-TA26 - 2U rackmount for storage applications, with up to (8) drive bays
"The Next-Generation AMD Opteron processor heralds additional power cost-savings features and outstanding performance for all applications," stated Danny Hsu, vice-president of sales and marketing at TYAN Computer Corporation. "TYAN's upcoming product line, based on this exciting new technology, enables TYAN system and platform products to deliver performance-per-watt efficiency, dual-core power, AMD Virtualization™, and seamless quad-core upgradeability."
"Our strong relationship with TYAN is an extension of our long-standing commitment to provide our customers with the most compelling technology solutions for a full range of IT requirements," said Pat Patla, Director, Server/Workstation Marketing, AMD (NYSE: AMD). "The Next-Generation AMD Opteron processor with Direct Connect Architecture offers a consistent roadmap with low-power options for exceptional performance-per-watt, providing scalable and reliable solutions for a full range of enterprise applications."
TYAN motherboard products featuring support for Next-Generation AMD Opteron processors can be found at http://tyan.com/products/html/opteron.html
Similarly, Next-Generation AMD Opteron processor-based TYAN pre-built server system products can be found at http://tyan.com/products/html/barebone_amd.html
Sample and mass availability of these new products is slated for Q3-Q4 in this year