Tyan Tiger i7520SD (S5365) Introduction Heralds New-Found Power-Efficiency and Performance
FREMONT, CA, March 7th, 2006 - Server power requirements continue to multiply as customer applications demand more and more performance from the hardware. This in turn causes an increase in the cost overhead for locations that host those servers. In order to both meet performance requirements and satisfy the growing hunger for power while cutting cost overhead down, Tyan® is introducing the Tiger i7520SD (S5365), a low-voltage power-efficient server motherboard for the mass market.
The Tiger i7520SD (S5365) uses the Intel® E7520 and ESB6300 chipset in combination with Intel®'s brand-new Dual-Core Intel® Xeon® Processor LV (codenamed "Sossaman") to deliver incredible performance-per-watt efficiency for many types of server applications. Features of this exciting new server motherboard include:
- Innovative pedestal and 1U-compatible layout for optimized airflow and thermal advantages
- Support for Dual-Core Intel® Xeon® Processor LV with 667MHz Front Side Bus (FSB), Demand-Based Switching (DBS), support for Dual-Core technology, and much more
- Eight (8) Registered DDR2-400 DIMM sockets with optional ECC checking
- Two (2) Gigabit Ethernet network ports and one (1) 10/100 Fast Ethernet network port
- Two (2) PCI-X slots, two (2) PCI-32 slots, and two (2) PCI Express x8 slots
- One (1) CF Type-II socket for optional solid-state memory support
- One (1) TARO™ SO-DIMM socket for SATA-II and SAS optional add-on card support
- Integrated Serial ATA with RAID levels supported (0, 1)
- Built-in ATI® ES1000™ video controller with external video port
- Remote management features including IPMI 2.0, all in an ATX form factor
"Many customers in the financial and HPC markets are faced with a growing concern over power while at the same time, they need to address growing requirements for server density to meet performance application demands," said Danny Hsu, VP of Sales and Marketing at Tyan Computer Corporation. "With the introduction of the Tiger i7520SD (S5365), Tyan is heralding an new evolutionary solution for the server market in order to meet performance-per-watt considerations while reducing power requirements overall, enabling customers to gain technology leadership in their respective markets and cutting through both thermal restrictions and overhead costs considerably."
"The Dual-Core Intel® Xeon® Processor LV, combined with the Tyan Tiger i7520SD (S5365), offers customers greater power and efficiency for their server applications," said Kirk Skaugen, vice president, Digital Enterprise Group at Intel Corporation. "Tyan servers based on the Intel Xeon Processor LV provide superior density and performance within a low power envelope."
The Tiger i7520SD (S5365) will sample in late Q1'06, and will reach mass production levels in mid-Q2'06.