Tyan Tiger K8SSA (S3870) Integrates Powerful Server Features into ATX Form Factor
FREMONT, CA, January 5th, 2006 - With the expanding requirement of server power over space, system integrators have found that maximizing the real estate at any server farm location is an absolute requirement. To meet this growing demand, Tyan is introducing the Tiger K8SSA (S3870), a compact dual AMD Opteron server board designed in an ATX form factor, able to deliver many features found in larger server boards, features such as:
- Dual AMD Opteron™ 200 Series Processor support, with Single and Dual Core capability
- Broadcom/ServerWorks core-logic (BCM5785/HT-1000)
- Support for up to 12GB of DDR400/333/266 Registered memory with ECC and ChipKill
- Quad-rank memory support
- Two (2) Gigabit Ethernet ports for incredible network connectivity
- Full-speed PCI-X 133/100MHz expansion slot and legacy PCI expansion slots
- Serial ATA-II with NCQ and RAID functionality
- Built-in XGI Volari Z7 16MB server graphics
- TARO™ storage add-on card support, for additional SAS/SATA-II/SCSI functionality
- ATX form factor (12" x 10.2") to fit many industry-standard tower and rackmount chassis
- …and much more!
"With the focus on space-optimization for both rackmount and pedestal server builders, a product was needed that could not only answer those demands but also deliver a full-range of server features to meet application needs," stated Danny Hsu, Vice-President of Sales and Marketing at Tyan. "This is the reason that the Tiger K8SSA (S3870) is very unique: not only does it deliver a full-breadth of server features, but it also packs that power into an ATX form factor, allowing for tighter cost-savings and improved space usage over larger server platforms."
The Tiger K8SSA (S3870) is set to begin sampling in early Q1'05 and will reach mass availability by mid-Q1'05.