Tyan Tomcat i7221A (S5151) P4 Platform Offers New Features, Powerful Single Processor Performance
TAIPEI, TAIWAN, June 10th, 2005 - Many of today's current servers are based on single processor designs due to space or power constraints, or simply that the applications can be supported by a sole processor. However as processor speeds continue to rise, a consideration to thermo-mechanical requirements needs to be addressed. It is for this reason, among others, that Tyan has introduced the Tomcat i7221A (S5151), a single processor server platform in an ATX form factor.
The Tomcat i7221A uses the Intel® E7221 "Copper River" chipset with special attention made to the location of both the North Bridge and CPU placement to allow for improved airflow for 1U rackmount configurations. Also integrated into the Tomcat i7221A are the following exciting features:
- Support for Intel® Pentium® 4 LGA775 "Prescott" processors with Hyper-Threading
- Supports up to 4GB of DDR400 unbuffered memory
- Three LAN ports - two PCIe x1 Gigabit and one 10/100 port
- PCI Express and PCI-X slots
- Serial ATA with RAID levels supported (0, 1)
- Built-in 8-bit video with video port onboard
- Support for TARO™ add-on SO-DIMM modular storage card
"The inclusion of thermo-mechanical concerns and an expanding requirement for more flexibility in server features prompted Tyan to re-think the single processor server board," said Patrick Wang, AVP of Product Development at Tyan. "The introduction of the Tomcat i7221A (S5151) represents a highly-visible step forward into more robust server system development for Tyan's customers."
The Tomcat i7221A (S5151) is currently in mass production, available the world over.