Tyan Tomcat K8E (S2865) Offers Power and Application Diversity for Home and Business Users
FREMONT, CA, March 10th, 2005 - With the IT market drive towards scalable and flexible products, customers are looking to receive more from each system they build. To meet the rising demand for highly-configurable, value-added system platforms, Tyan is announcing the much-anticipated arrival of the Tomcat K8E (S2865).
The Tomcat K8E leverages the power of the NVIDIA nForce™ 4 Ultra chipset and provides support for AMD Athlon™ 64 and 64 FX performance processors. Multiple features are included for the benefit of desktop and server customers, such as:
- PCI Express* x16 and dual x1 slots for use with the latest I/O
and graphics add-on cards
- Support for up to 4GB of Unbuffered DDR 400/333 with
- Integrated AC'97 audio with 5.1 multi-channel capability
- Built-in dual Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports, Active Armor™
and NVIDIA Firewall support
- Serial ATA-II with NVRAID™ and Built-in ATI® RAGE XL™ 8MB video
- Dual FireWire ports and compatibility with the
nTune™ Performance Modifier Application
- ATX form factor (12" x 9.6", 244mm x 305mm)
- …and much more!
Tomcat K8E (S2865) is currently sampling to select customers, and will reach mass availability in mid Q2 of 2005.
All of this provides customers with a platform that can meet a wide array of requirements while delivering high-performance and exceptional processing power.
"The move towards totally integrated solutions presents a unique challenge for platform providers to offer solutions which can be configured to fit a number of applications," said Don Clegg, VP of Marketing/OEM at Tyan. "The introduction of the versatile Tomcat K8E (S2865) is a mark of achievement for Tyan towards meeting that market challenge."