Fremont, CA, October 8, 2001 – Tyan® Computer Corporation today announced that it has initiated shipments of it's latest platform for pedestal server, front-end server, and Internet data center applications. The Thunder HEsl-T
utilizes high-performance chipset technology from ServerWorks® and supports up to two of the new Intel® Pentium® III Processors with 512kB Cache, formerly known as Tualatin.
Tyan, a leading designer and manufacturer of Internet infrastructure products and system board solutions, is highly focused on developing cost-effective, high-performance computing solutions, particularly for the performance server and workstation markets. Tyan's server platforms include unique design implementations that provide optimal performance, stability and reliability – crucial for mission-critical applications.
Harnessing the power of the ServerWorks® ServerSet™ III HE-SL chipset, the Thunder HEsl-T provides the computing power necessary for today's server applications. In addition to its dual-processor design, this platform includes a host of integrated features such as 64-bit PCI, dual LAN connections, ATI graphics, and optional dual-channel Ultra160 SCSI.
"The Thunder HEsl-T is the perfect front-end server platform", stated John Nguyen, Product Marketing Manager at Tyan. "With support for two Pentium III Processors with 512kB Cache, 64-bit PCI, dual-channel LAN, optional SCSI storage control, and Zero-Channel RAID, this new platform provides optimal performance for both pedestal and 2U rackmount server installations."
An exciting new feature, the Thunder HEsl-T is "Adaptec RAID Ready" through its support of EMbedded RAID Logic (EMRL). An "EMRL Enabled" 64-bit PCI slot on the Thunder HEsl-T will accept Adaptec's new Zero-Channel RAID (ZCR) technology. Adaptec ZCR products will be available in October 2001. For more information on ZCR technology, please visit www.adaptec.com/go/zcr_pr.
The Thunder HEsl-T is currently available in sample quantities. Tyan expects volume production to begin in early Q4 2001.
Thunder HEsl-T (S2688) Features
- Dual PGA370 "universal" sockets support two Intel Pentium III Processors with 512kB Cache (Tualatin)
- ServerWorks ServerSet III HE-SL chipset supports a 100/133MHz Front-Side Bus
- Six DIMM sockets support 6GB of PC100/133 Registered SDRAM
- Four 64-bit 66MHz PCI slots and two 32-bit 33MHz PCI slots
- Dual-channel Ultra160 SCSI option available
- Adaptec RAID Ready through a single "EMRL Enabled" 64-bit PCI slot
- Dual-channel 10/100BaseT Fast Ethernet connections
- Integrated ATI® RAGE™ XL graphics with 4MB frame buffer
- Extended ATX form factor (13" x 12")