Tyan Tomcat i7230A (S5160) Provides Virtualization and High-Performance Throughput
FREMONT, CA, August 23rd, 2005 - Many applications are run on 1P servers such as web servers, file delivery systems, and many more. In order to meet today's and tomorrow's application demands for higher-performance in thermally-constrained 1U rackmount server environments, Tyan is introducing the Tomcat i7230A (S5160), a feature-rich 1P server board with dual-core support, dedicated virtualization hardware support, and high-performance throughput.
The Tomcat i7230A uses the Intel® E7230 "Mukilteo" chipset with an optimized 1U layout design on all components to allow for improved airflow over all parts of the motherboard. In addition, Tyan has integrated the following server-class features into the Tomcat i7230A:
- Support for Intel Pentium® 4 LGA775 processors with Hyper-Threading and Pentium D (dual-core support)
- Supports up to 8GB of DDR2-533/667 unbuffered memory with ECC
- Two Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports – 10/100/1000Mbps throughput
- (2) PCI Express and (4) PCI 32-bit slots
- Serial ATA-2 with RAID levels supported (0, 1)
- Built-in 16MB XGI Volari™ Z7 video controller with external video port
- Remote management features including IPMI 2.0, all in an ATX form factor
"Multi-core technology and virtualization are two of the key features we're seeing as part of server infrastructure requirements in the next stage of development," said Danny Hsu, VP of Sales and Marketing at Tyan Computer Corporation. "By introducing the Tomcat i7230 (S5160), customers will be able to utilize the power of Intel's dual-core technology for improved performance and power in many of their current and future applications."
Tomcat i7230A (S5160) is currently sampling to OEMs, and will reach mass production levels towards the end of Q3'05.