Tyan Thunder K8SE (S2892) Brings A Whole New Level of Functionality to Server Market
FREMONT, CA, May 3rd, 2005 - Today, Tyan introduced the next generation of multi-purpose high-end dual AMD Opteron™ servers in the form of the Thunder K8SE (S2892). The Thunder K8SE takes into account the need for a full-feature server platform to handle any number of tasks and applications with capabilities that include the following:
- Dual AMD Opteron 200 Series Processor supported, with Dual Core capability
- NVIDIA nForce Professional 2200 and AMD-8131 core-logic
- Support up to 16GB of DDR400/333/266 Registered ECC memory and ChipKill
- Two (2) Gigabit and one (1) 10/100 Ethernet port
- Dual PCI Express x16 slots (one with x16, one with x4) and three PCI-X slots
- Serial ATA-II (3Gb/s) with NVIDIA RAID and built-in 8MB server graphics
- E-ATX form factor (12" x 13", 305mm x 331mm)
- . . . and much more
"In today's IT market, multiprocessor server systems are being used to support a wide range of applications for a variety of fields," stated Danny Hsu, Vice-President of Sales and Marketing at Tyan. "The introduction of the Thunder K8SE (S2892) represents an answer to the call for a broader range of key features and capabilities, such as PCI Express and PCI-X, both of which are needed to meet the needs of server customers worldwide."
Thunder K8SE (S2892) is currently shipping in volume to all customers the world over.