TAIPEI, TAIWAN, March 10th, 2005 - Server infrastructures come in all sizes, and development towards smaller, more power-efficient platforms is needed to meet the demands for the next generation of embedded applications. Meet the Tyan Tomcat K7M (S2498): a thermally and power-efficient server platform in a FlexATX package.
Using the functionality of the VIA KN400A chipset, and the low-energy capabilities of the AMD Geode™ NX family of processors, the Tomcat K7M (S2498) has great server-class features such as:
- Integrated Audio and built-in S3 UniChrome™ graphics engine
- Support for up to 2GB Unbuffered PC2700/PC2100 memory
- One (1) Gigabit and one (1) 10/100 Ethernet port
- Dual Serial ATA ports at 1.5Gb/s and two (2) 32-bit PCI expansion slots
- FlexATX form factor (9" x 7.5", 229mm x 191mm)
- …and much more!
"A fine balance between platform capability and power-efficiency is needed to ensure any range of features can be utilized for a wide array of embedded applications," stated Patrick Wang, Tyan's Associate Vice-President, Product Management Division. "The release of the Tomcat K7M (S2498) offers customers a versatile yet highly-efficient low-power solution in a compact form factor."
Tomcat K7M (S2498) is now sampling in limited quantities, and will reach mass availability sometime in Q2 of this year.