Newly-minted TYAN Motherboard Provides Powerful Energy Efficiency and Great Server Capabilities in Small Form Factor
FREMONT, CA, June 21st, 2006 - TYAN Computer Corp., the world's leading whitebox server platform provider, today launched the Tomcat h1000S (S3950), a compact ATX-sized motherboard that features a full range of features for high-density server systems, based on AMD's new Socket AM2 technology.
Applications of the Tomcat h1000S (S3950) include server rackmount and pedestal systems, server farms, industrial applications, small form factor servers, general file and data serving and much more. The Tomcat h1000S (S3950) also features AMD PowerNow!™ technology for energy management in any environment.
Features of the Tomcat h1000S (S3950) include:
- Support for single AMD Socket AM2 processor with AMD PowerNow!™ technology
- Up to 8GBof Unbuffered DDR2-533/667 memory
- PCI-X and multiple PCI expansion card slots
- TARO™ Modular Storage Card support and fan/temperature/voltage monitoring and control
- Built-in graphics and dual Gigabit Ethernet ports
- USB boot, power management, and remote management support
- ATX form factor (12" x 9.6")
"Flexibility, capability and reliability are absolute must-haves in any server motherboard," stated Danny Hsu, vice president of sales and marketing at TYAN Computer Corp. "The Tomcat h1000S (S3950) not only delivers on all three virtues, it also provides an excellent range of features designed to meet the demands of high-density server infrastructures."
The TYAN Tomcat h1000S (S3950) will sample to select customers in late Q2 of this year, and will reach mass availability in early Q3.