FREMONT, CA, March 14th, 2006 - In order to develop the latest media content or power through the toughest modeling, editing or render applications, customers need as much power as possible. Tyan is reaching out to that need by deploying a platform of massive performance capability: introducing the Thunder K8QE (S4885) – a workstation and server motherboard unlike any other.
Using between four (4) and eight (8) AMD Opteron™ 800 series processors with dual core and AMD64 technology, the Thunder K8QE (S4885) is capable of supporting the latest applications for content creation or pure rendering speeds. Other powerful features of this motherboard include:
- Support for between four (4) and eight (8) AMD Opteron 800 series processors with support for dual core and AMD64 technology
- Four (4) PCI Express x16 slots for maximum add-on graphics card options
- Up to sixteen (16) Registered DDR400/333 DIMM modules with ECC and ChipKill
- Three (3) Gigabit Ethernet ports for rich network connectivity
- 16" x 13" SSI MEB form factor
"Many mediums of business and entertainment use highly-advanced core content that is rich in creative energy, and requires serious computing power to generate in a minimum amount of time," said Danny Hsu, vice-president of sales and marketing at Tyan Computer Corporation. "With the launch of the Thunder K8QE (S4885), developers will enjoy the very best of graphics and computational processing available today as they create exciting new media and content, limited only by imagination."
The Thunder K8QE (S4885) is sampling today and will be available to OEMs and select customers starting Q2'06.