Thunder LE-T Supports New Intel CPUs, SCSI or IDE RAID Options, Adaptec ZCR and More
Fremont, CA, September 24, 2001 – Tyan®
Computer Corporation today announced that it has initiated shipments of it's latest platform for Internet data center and front-end server applications. The Thunder LE-T utilizes high-performance chipset technology and supports up to two Intel® Pentium® III Processors with 512kB Cache, formerly known as Tualatin.
Tyan, a leading designer and manufacturer of Internet infrastructure products and system board solutions, is highly focused on developing cost-effective, high-performance computing solutions, particularly for the 1U/2U server market. Tyan's 1U/2U platforms include unique design implementations that provide optimal performance, stability and reliability - crucial for mission-critical applications.
Harnessing the power and efficiency of the ServerWorks® ServerSet™ III LE chipset, the Thunder LE-T provides the computing power necessary for today's server applications. In addition to its dual-processor design, this platform includes a host of integrated features such as 64-bit PCI, dual LAN connections, ATI graphics, and your choice of dual-channel SCSI or IDE RAID support.
"Aimed squarely at the 1U/2U server market, the Thunder LE-T is perfect for front-end web applications", stated Danny Hsu, Director of Strategic Marketing at Tyan. "With support for two Pentium III Processors with 512kB Cache, 64-bit PCI, dual-channel LAN and storage controllers, and Zero-Channel RAID, this new platform provides optimal performance for Internet data center and enterprise computer room installations."
An exciting new feature, the Thunder LE-T is "Adaptec RAID Ready" through its support of EMbedded RAID Logic (EMRL). An "EMRL Enabled" 64-bit PCI slot on the Thunder LE-T will accept Adaptec's new Zero-Channel RAID (ZCR) technology. Adaptec ZCR products will be available in October 2001. For more information on ZCR technology, please visit http://www.adaptec.com
The Thunder LE-T is currently available in sample quantities. Tyan expects volume production to begin in early Q4 2001.
Thunder LE-T (S2518) Features
- Dual PGA370 "universal" sockets support two Intel Pentium III Processors with 512kB Cache (Tualatin)
- ServerWorks ServerSet III LE chipset supports a 100/133MHz Front-Side Bus
- Four DIMM sockets support 4GB of PC100/133 Registered SDRAM
- Two 64-bit 66MHz PCI slots, one 5-volt and one 3.3-volt
- Dual-channel Ultra160 SCSI or IDE RAID options available
- Adaptec RAID Ready through a single "EMRL Enabled" 64-bit PCI slot
- Dual-channel 10/100BaseT Fast Ethernet connections
- Integrated ATI® RAGE™ XL graphics with 4MB frame buffer
- ATX form factor (12" x 9.6")