Tyan Breaks New Ground with Cutting-Edge Microprocessor Architecture Support for the Dual-Core AMD Opteron™ processor
FREMONT, CA, April 21st, 2005 - In order to address market demands for the next level of system performance, and further extend its commitment to enabling customers to become technology leaders, Tyan is introducing support for ground-breaking dual core technology from AMD (NYSE: AMD) on a full range of new platforms and servers, all of which incorporate industry-leading features and cutting-edge performance.
On the 2nd anniversary of the introduction of the AMD Opteron™ processor, Tyan's award-winning platforms have evolved to handle the next level of 64-bit processing power and deliver products that customers need to reach their computing goals. New powerhouse products for the server and workstation which are Dual Core Ready include the following:
- Thunder K8WE (S2895, 2-way AMD Opteron 200 Series processor workstation board)
- Thunder K8SRE (S2891, 2-way AMD Opteron 200 Series processor rackmount server board)
- Thunder K8SD Pro (S2882-D, 2-way AMD Opteron 200 Series processor server board)
- Thunder K8SR (S2881, 2-way AMD Opteron 200 Series processor rackmount server board)
- Thunder K8QSD (S4882-D, 4-way AMD Opteron 800 Series processor server board)
- Thunder K8QW (S4881, 8-way AMD Opteron 800 Series processor workstation/server board)
- ...and many more to be announced
"Today's landmark introduction of the Dual-Core AMD Opteron processor is proof of AMD's commitment to providing customers with industry-leading power previously unavailable to them," said Pat Patla, director, server/workstation business, Microprocessor Business Unit, Computation Products Group, AMD. "With the best performance-per-watt architecture available, an incredibly stable infrastructure, Direct Connect Architecture and the highest performing processors in the market, AMD can deliver compelling computing products available for a full range of IT requirements."
"The launch of AMD's dual core technology represents a paradigm shift for speed and power for all computing applications," said Dr. Symon Chang, Tyan's president and CEO. "With AMD's new dual-core technology, the value of Tyan's system and platform products has now been extended to the next milestone of performance: a testament to Tyan's commitment to meeting or exceeding our customers' expectations."
For more information and details about Tyan or Tyan products, please visit Tyan's website at http://www.tyan.com